HYMN 15 – IN CHRIST ALONE
1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song,
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on the cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.
MEMORISE: And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. – (Revelation 12:11)
READ: EXODUS 12:1-13 (KJV)
1. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,
2. This month shall be unto you the beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you.
3. Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house;
4. And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.
5. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year; ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats;
6. And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month; and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
7. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
8. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
9. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.
10. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.
11. And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste; it is the LORD’S passover.
12. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment; I am the LORD.
13. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
The blood of Jesus is a very potent weapon in the hand of a believer; unfortunately, some don’t use it at all while others underutilize it, allowing the devil to take undue advantage.
“...and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.” – (Exodus 12:23)
It is also a marker. In the verse above, God asked the Israelites to mark their door posts with the blood of a pure lamb, so when the angel of death sent to kill the first born of the Egyptians saw it, they would be spared.
Jesus is our lamb and His blood is purer than that of any other. When it covers your life, the devil cannot touch you.
I decree in the mighty name of Jesus: any evil coming your way this year will pass over once it sees the blood of Jesus.
A couple once complained to me about the quarrels in their home. They lived alone, but whenever either spouse kept money anywhere in the house, they would not find it.
Each time, both would deny ever taking the money. While we were talking, it occurred to me that the situation could be the devil’s manipulation, so I told them to cover their money with the blood of Jesus when next they wanted to keep any in the house.
I knew that when the devil came for the cash and saw the blood, he would be unable to touch it. They obeyed and money stopped vanishing in their home.
All your possessions that the devil keeps touching are covered with the blood of Jesus from now on.
Now that you know the power in the blood, begin to use it effectively. Plead the blood on everything that belongs to you so the devil will never be able to touch it again.
However, Jesus’ blood is only potent in the hands of a believer. So, if you are still stained by sin, ask to be washed in it today. Only then can the blood work mightily for you.
The blood of Jesus is only potent in the hands of a believer.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: EXODUS 10-12
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!