HYMN 3 – BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE
1. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,All ye that are upright in heart;And ye that have made Him your choice,Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Rejoice!.. rejoice!..Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!Rejoice!.. rejoice!..Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord,On earth and in heaven supreme;He fashions and rules by His word;The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
CHORUS:Rejoice!.. rejoice!..Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!Rejoice!.. rejoice!..Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
3. What tho’ in the conflict for rightYour enemies almost prevail!God’s armies, just hid from your sight,Are more than the foes which assail.
4. Tho’ darkness surround you by day,Your sky by the night be o’ercast,Let nothing your spirit dismay,But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,His praises proclaiming in song;With harp, and with organ, and voice,The loud hallelujahs prolong!
READ: LUKE 17:12-19 (KJV)
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off;
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks; and he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole.
That is how important it is.
When it is testimony time, some people say to themselves “Let others mount the podium; I am too big for that.”
Have you observed that those who frequently share testimonies always have new ones?
This is because when you talk about what God has done in the past, He will be compelled to do more.
A testimony is a weapon of warfare. (2 Chronicles 20:1-30) shows this clearly. King Jehoshaphat knew how to give testimonies.
Three different armies had gathered to destroy him, so he began to testify: God, are You not the One who did this?
Then God told him there was no need to fight the battle. Jehoshaphat and his people only had to sing and God destroyed these armies for them.
David was another man who knew how to give testimonies. There was nothing God did for David that he kept quiet about.
This is perhaps why Israel won all their battles during his reign and he has remained to date the greatest king Israel ever had.
In fact, his testimonies are all over the book of Psalms. He said in Psalms 103:2:
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:”
There is a lot to gain from sharing testimonies and a lot to lose from keeping God’s wondrous works to oneself.
Have you been hiding your testimonies?
Why not start relaying your testimony at every opportunity you have, even if it is with just one person and see what God will do in your life.
Some people say I love telling stories; the reality is that I actually just love bragging about what my God can do.
I have noticed that the more of His great wonders I share, the more he does in my life.
Share your testimony today and you will begin to experience more wondrous blessings from God.
Your testimony is a great weapon; start using it from today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:Exodus 33-35
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!
+234-802 302 6400
5, Redemption Way, Still Water House
Redemption Camp, Ogun State, Nigeria
Copyright 2019 - 2021 Redeemer's Network Television . All rights reserved - Design by D8ONE8