HYMN: STAND UP! STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.
BIBLE READING Isaiah 35:3-8
3. Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.
4. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
5. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing:for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
7. And the parched round shall become a pool, and the thirsty and springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
8. And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
A Christian may be smiling on the outside because he/she is accustomed to looking cheerful, whereas on the inside, the person could be going through a lot of challenges.
The ties and the hats we all wear to Church on Sunday cover the empty stomachs or the depressed thoughts of some workers in the Church.
Sometimes the Pastor is going through a marital crisis, but he still has to settle issues in the marriage of a Church member.
We need to look out for each other every now and then.
We need to pick up the phone and call that brother or sister to ask how they are doing.
We need to bring a gift, no matter how small to church once in a while to give someone.
Believe me, the one who is strengthening others also needs strengthening once in a while.
When you notice the commitment level of a particular brother or sister waning, before you accuse or judge them, find out how they are faring first.
Checking on them, whether they are in Church or not, shows that you love them.
Sometimes, the devil brings suggestions to some of the strong Christians to drop out of the Christian race, but just a word of encouragement from you, a smile or a show of love can give them strength to continue in the race. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says:
“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.”
Even as General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, many years ago, I decided to resign because I thought the people I was praying and caring so much for did not care about me.
It was a little girl whom God sent to bring me a cake that He used to bring me out of that depressed state.
Even though I don’t like cake, I ate this one and ever since, l have not considered resigning again.
You don’t know the effect that a little encouragement could have on your brethren. Show kindness to one another always.
Look for at least one person in your Church today and just encourage the person. If you can give a gift, go ahead and do so.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 51:1-64, JEREMIAH 52:1-34
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!