HYMN: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
3. While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1
BIBLE READING PSALMS 23:1-6
1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4. Yea, though l walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalms 23:1-6 is one of my favourite Scriptures because it shows clearly our (the sheep) total dependence on God (our Shepherd) as well as His capacity and willingness to provide for our needs.
In this Psalm, God provides sleep for His sheep He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
Thus when I am tired, He gives me rest not just anywhere, but in green pastures.
A sheep lying in green pastures has so much food that he sleeps in it. That is extreme abundance.
He leadeth me beside the still waters, so I can drink to my satisfaction.
He restoreth my soul, He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness, assures me of divine guidance.
Yea, though l walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me tells me His presence will be with me so much so that I can bring down any mountain.
Thy rod means correction He can reprove me when l err; what love! and thy staff, they comfort me means even in my low moments, I will never lack comfort.
Thou preparest a table before me is divine catering. Is there ever a better caterer than the Almighty?.
In the presence of my enemies shows security, real security!.
Thou anointest my head with oil, when God Himself pours oil on your head, nothing can be impossible for you.
My cup runneth over refers to overflowing blessings.
Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me not for a week or a year, but all the days of my life. Isn’t that wonderful?, everywhere I go, goodness and mercy will be my escorts. Then it says I have somewhere to dwell in the house of the Lord, forever and ever!, Amen.
God has provided everything: He is a great provider!. However, these benefits are only for the sheep.
Are you one?, do you obey Gods every instruction, follow His path, know His voice?
If you are yet to come into the family of God, it is high time you gave your life to Christ, so He can become your Shepherd.
God has made every provision available in Christ; you just have to tap into it.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOEL 1:1-20, JOEL 2:1-32, JOEL 3:1-21
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!