Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
BIBLE READING HEBREWS 12:1-4
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Who you look to will determine how far you go in life.
It can be a distraction sometimes to be surrounded by people who you think can help you as it would become hard for you to look to God for everything you need.
What can man give to you?, Can man keep you alive?, Man cannot even heal himself.
If he gives you money, can he give you prosperity?, Rather than run after men, spend time chasing God.
God can turn your life and that of your generation around forever.
You don’t need an appointment to see God; He is everywhere and willing to help you.
A life that looks to Jesus is a life of peace, joy and love.
A person who looks to Jesus would not depend on any man to live; his future is secured in Jesus Christ.
The Christian faith is a race and we cannot finish the race without the help of God.
Our confidence in succeeding in this race is placed in Jesus Christ!, We are encouraged to look unto Him and Him alone.
Turn away from your past failures successes, sins and so on, and look unto Jesus Christ.
We look to Christ because of who He is, what He did and where He reigns.
Who is He? He is the author and finisher of our faith. Jesus knows everything about our earthly race.
Indeed, He ran His in faith because He is the author and finisher of faith. He is the perfect example to follow.
When we look up to Jesus; He will perfect what He began in us.
Those who look unto God cannot be put to shame. You cannot trust in God and be put to shame.
“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.”
Psalms 121:1-2 Never look unto man; look to Jesus alone, He is higher than the highest.
He is a very present help when you are faced with life’s challenges (Psalms 46:1).
Never shift your gaze off Jesus no matter what comes your way.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ESTHER 6:1-14, ESTHER 7:1-10, ESTHER 8:1-17, ESTHER 9:1-32, ESTHER 10:1-3
HYMN: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
3. His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!