But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 2 Timothy 4:5
BIBLE READING 2 TIMOTHY 4:1-5
1. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
In his final letter, Paul charges Timothy his son in the faith, todo the work of an evangelist (2 Timothy 4:5).
By this, the Apostle establishes the instruction of Jesus for believers across generations preach the gospel everywhere.
If we would be called by His name, we must obey His command every day, urging people to come to Jesus for salvation.
“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:18
Jesus has given all believers the ministry of reconciliation, the task to bring all men to Him. Are you active or dormant in this ministry?
The work of an evangelist is to lead people to Christ through the gospel.
Unlike a Pastor, an evangelist does not disciple souls, but a Pastor can be an evangelist.
As an evangelist, you are constantly looking for and preaching to the people in the world.
After they have accepted Christ, you can then hand them over to a BibIe-believing Church where a much mature believer can disciple them.
Evangelism is different from follow-up or publicity. It is bringing people into the love of Christ.
Now that you know what it is, can you say you have been doing the work of an evangelist?.
Are you constantly preaching Christ to people in the world?, Are there still people in your vicinity who you are yet to preach to?.
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
Mark 16:15 Jesus wants you to do His work wherever you go and whatever you do.
He wants us to have compassion for lost souls and draw them into the Kingdom. If I were you, I would obey.
Your obedience demonstrates your love for Him and will draw untold blessings to you (John 14:15, Matthew 6:33).
Evangelising is a mandate every believer receives at the point of salvation. We must also preach that same Gospel to others so they can be saved.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: MALACHI 1:1-14, MALACHI 2:1-17, MALACHI 3:1-18, MALACHI 4:1-6
HYMN: HOLD THE FORT
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.
2. See the mighty host advancing
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling
Courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!