That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Ephesians 5:26
BIBLE READING COLOSSIANS 3:5-17
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evii concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbieness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving
one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so a so do ye.
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Some people keep returning to sin over and over, despite having asked Jesus to come into their lives.
They wonder how others live above sin. The answer is sanctification. When a person is sanctified, he/she loses the taste for sin.
The Bible describes it in Hebrews 1:9: “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
When a person is sanctified, sinful habits that used to excite him/her become irritating.
As a result, the fellow is able to lead a life of holiness in Christ.
Sanctification is the grace of God that helps man to live above sin.
If you are still struggling with sin, then you need to be sanctified.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
To be sanctified, you must first confess all your sins to God (1 John 1:9).
You can also experience sanctification if you are an avid student of the word of God. John 17:17 says: ”Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
If you want to enjoy your Christian life; feed on the word of God. David said in Psalm 119:11: “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
The more of God’s word you study, the more sin will disgust you.
If you are always studying your Bible, God’s word will begin to influence the way you see things and how you behave.
The word of God has a Spirit which gives life, and that life, being Jesus will enter into you as you study it daily.
It is Jesus who makes it easy for you to live holy.
Take up the challenge today and you will overcome sin, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Study at least one chapter of the Bible by yourself daily. You need the word to stay sanctified.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 17:1-27, MARK 9:1-50, LUKE 9:28-62
HYMN: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!