For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8
BIBLE READING EXODUS 33:12-23
12. And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13. Now therefore, I pray thee, if l have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17. And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18. And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
19. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom l will show mercy.
20. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: forthere shall no man see me, and live.
21. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22. And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23. And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
“Shew me thy ways, 0 LORD; teach me thy paths". Psalm 25:4
The word way was used four times in Proverbs 25 (verses 4, 8, 9 and 12) while paths was used twice (verses 4 and 10).
This indicates the importance of depending on God’s ways and having Him direct ones paths.
As Christians, we can know God’s way by immersing ourselves in His truth. David in Psalm 25:5 pleaded:
“Lead me in your truth, and teach me.”
God’s word is where His truth is found. It contains instructions on how to live a fulfilling Christian life.
God’s precepts are not hidden; if only we would just read and apply them.
You cannot be a Christian and not study the word of God daily. Christianity is not the same as attending church services.
If you don’t have a relationship with Christ, fostered by reading His word and praying daily, then you are not Christ-Iike.
Children who are close to their parents usually know their parents ways.
They can tell what food they like, how hot or cold they like their drinks and so on.
They know what can make their parents angry and exactly what will make them glad.
They know all this because of the constant association they have with their parents.
Likewise, when you read your Bible and spend time with God regularly, you will get to know Him more and more daily.
If, on the other hand, you only read your Bible when a Pastor is on the altar, the best you can know of God is what he or she tells you, which would never be sufficient.
Imagine someone having to tell you everything about your own father that is proof that you don’t know Him.
It is a huge privilege to know your Father’s ways. His ways are so distinct and learning them would distinguish you greatly in all you do (Isaiah 55:9).
God will show you His ways through His word. Study His word diligently.
Meditate on God’s word day and night. It shall be a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path (Psalms 119:105).
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 18:1-35
HYMN: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!