For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: Matthew 6:14
BIBLE READING MATTHEW 18:23-35
23. Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28. But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence; and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30. And he would not; but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31. So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me;
33. Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34. And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses
A person holding grudges can be likened to one consuming poison yet expecting another fellow to die in his/her stead.
When you hold a grudge against someone, you are killing yourself gradually.
When you refuse to forgive someone who wronged you, you have only opened the door to hurt and more hurt.
While the fellow on the other hand may be living his/her life in peace, you keep hurting each time you see or remember him/her.
Many people have died of hypertension because they refused to forgive someone who offended them.
It is for your own good that you forgive that fellow who offended you. Don’t give anyone a license to keep hurting you; let it go.
From our Bible reading and memory verse of today, it is evident that whenever someone is holding a grudge against another, God will bypass the offender and refuse to forgive the one holding the grudge.
Imagine going to hell just because you refused to forgive someone who offended you, only for that fellow to repent and end up in Heaven.
Luke 6:37 tells us that if you condemn someone, God will condemn you too. James 2:12-13 says:
“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgement without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgement.”
God will neither answer the prayer nor accept the gift of anyone living in unforgiveness because the sacrifice of a sinner is an abomination to Him (Proverbs 15:8).
God wants you to forgive everyone who has offended you, because only then would you obtain mercy from Him.
“And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” – (Mark 11:25)
Forgive anyone who has offended you today, then pray for them, blessing them also as you do.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 20:1-31, JOHN 21:1-25, LUKE 24:1-53
HYMN: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conquror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!