*For I know the* *thoughts that I think* *toward you, saith the* *Lord , thoughts of peace,* *and not of* *evil, to give* *you an expected end.* *Jeremiah 29:11*
READ: Psalm 126:1-6
1. When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
2. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
3. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
4. Turn again our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the south.
5. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
You may have tried many things, and none seems to be succeeding; I want to encourage you not to give up. Don't forget your dreams. Don't forget the prophecies that have come forth concerning your glorious destiny. God has a special purpose for your life. It may not look like it now, but if you don't give up, you will soon see it coming to pass in your life, in Jesus' name.
I had an uncle who was very poor, so poor that he could not afford decent clothing. One day, he asked his wife to use her wrapper to sew buba and soro for him. He had made up his mind to commit suicide, but he wanted to do it in style. He wore the clothes his wife had made for him and went to Church. He sang and danced so well that everyone noticed him. He wanted it to be that when they heard of his death, they would say "Oh, we didn't know he was celebrating his departure". However, God had other plans. The man of God came up and preached about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. He said despite the fact that it looked like there was no hope for these three Hebrew children, God's glory shone through their hopeless situation.
The message hit my uncle and he said, "I don't know how God will bring me out of this storm, but I refuse to die". On saying that, the Prince of Peace spoke peace to his storm. The day he was sharing the testimony, he had just purchased fourteen cars for his company. Imagine if he had given up; he would have missed out on what God had in store for him. God knows the way out of that situation you are going through. Hold on to Him and He will bring you out. He says to you in lsaiah 43:2:
*“When thou passest* *through the waters, I will* *be with thee; and* *through the rivers, they* *shall not overflow thee:* *when thou walkest* *through the fire, thou* *shalt not be burned;* *neither shalI the flame* *kindle upon thee.”*
*I speak peace into* *whatever storm you are* *going through. I replace* *every source of* *shame in your life* *with glory now. Whatever* *the devil is* *using to steal your joy is* *turned around for* *your favour. No more* *depression in your life in* *the mighty name of* *Jesus. Raise your head* *up high, God loves you* *and He will make all* *things beautiful in His* *time.*
Don't give up; God is going to bring glory out of that hopeless situation. Hold on to Him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 32-34
HYMN 18: PASS ME NOT O GENTLE SAVIOUR
1. Pass me not, O gentle saviour, Hear my humble cry; While on others thou art calling, Do not pass me by.
Hear my humble cry;
While on others thou art calling, Do not pass me by.
2. Let me at thy throne of mercy. Find a sweet relief; Kneeling there in deep contrition, Help my unbelief.
3. Trusting only in thy merit. Would I seek thy face; Heal my wounded, broken spirit. Save me by thy grace.
4. Thou the spring of all my comfort, More than life to me. Whom have I on earth beside Thee? Whom in heaven but Thee?