And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. Mark 11:25
BIBLE READING MARK 11:22-26
22. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Mountains, either physical or spiritual, are stubborn and difficult obstacles to overcome. To move physical mountains, one would require various forms of complex and expensive equipment.
To move spiritual mountains however, Jesus Christ taught us to pray them out of our paths. The primary ingredient required for this kind of prayer is faith, but some other elements have been identified to also act as either hindrances or aids for our prayers to produce the expected results.
Two of these critical elements are unforgiveness and forgiveness. Unforgiveness is a major hindrance to mountain-moving prayers, while forgiveness is a powerful aid in moving mountains.
It is Gods will for us to forgive everyone who may have offended us in one way or another no matter how hurt we may be.
Unforgiveness hence is disobedience to God, and we know that every disobedience to God is a sin. Unforgiveness in itself is a sin and a mountain that also impedes the progress of its host.
To command a mountain to move off your path, you must ensure you are not harbouring the mountain of unforgiveness in your life When the burden of the sin of unforgiveness has been removed from us, we are able to pray with confidence, lifting holy hands in prayers to God with a clear conscience and faith for answered prayers.
This is why Mark 11:24 says Therefore I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Moving mountains is one of the most challenging problems of faith in Christendom because mountains are usually large objects that all eyes can see.
Sometimes, as you open your eyes after prayers, you would immediately see that the mountain has refused to move, thereby causing you to doubt. However, the solution is the above verse: when you pray, believe that you have received your answer and leave the rest to God.
Don’t forget that you are not the miracle worker; your role is to pray with confidence in the Almighty God who has the power to answer prayers. I join my faith with yours today and command every mountain in your path to move in Jesus name.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please completely destroy unforgiveness in my life, in Jesus name.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: NUMBERS 24:1-25, NUMBERS 25:1-18, NUMBERS 26:1-65
HYMN: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!