HYMN 2 – ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. – (Isaiah 65:5)
Bible reading: ISAIAH 65:1-7 (KJV)
1. I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not; I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2. I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
3. A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4. Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
5. Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
6. Behold, it is written before me; I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,
7. Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills; therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.
There is a worrisome trend in Christendom today: many people claiming to be holier than others.
While I am a serious advocate for holy living, I am not in support of condemning others because of the assumption that they are not as holy as you.
We must acknowledge that we are what we are by the grace of God (1 Corinthians 15:10) and no one can be holy except by this grace.
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” – Jude 1:24-25
so, when you see someone living a questionable life, do not condemn him/her, rather pray that God gives the person grace to live holy.
It is okay to correct someone who has done wrong, but if it is not done in love, you most likely will not get a positive result.
Many people have given up on faith because some Christians have condemned them.
The hurting and reproachful words spoken to them have pushed them far from God rather than closer to Him. This is not good at all. Let love reign.
Let your actions be guided by the intention to bring people out of darkness, not because you deliberately want to hurt them by pointing out their flaws.
If anyone is backsliding in your local assembly, pray for such as you lovingly try to restore them according to the leading the Holy Spirit.
Don’t laugh at any backslider, don’t look at them with disgust.
The father of the prodigal son never mentioned all the ills the boy had done, he just embraced him in love.
From today, begin to walk in love with people in your family, church, workplace and everywhere else.
See them with the eyes of Jesus and He will not only convict them but will also draw them unto Himself by His power.
Jesus is depending on you to show His love to the people of the world. Don’t push them away.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!