HYMN 11 – I AM SO GLAD THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN
1. I am so glad that our Father in heaven
Tell of His love in the book He has given;
Wonderful things in the Bible I see;
This is the dearest, that Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me,
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves even me.
2. Jesus loves me and I know I love Him;
Love brought Him down my lost soul to redeem;
Yes, it was love made Him die on the tree:
Oh, I am certain that Jesus love me.
3. In this assurance I find sweetest rest,
Trusting in Jesus I know I am blest;
Satan dismayed from my soul doth now flee
When I just tell him that Jesus loves me.
4. Oh, if there’s only one song I can sing,
When in His beauty I see the great King,
This shall my song in eternity be,
“Oh, what a wonder that Jesus loves me!”
5. If one should ask of me, how can I tell?
Glory to Jesus, I know very well!
God’s Holy Spirit with mine doth agree,
Constantly witnessing-Jesus loves me.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. – Romans 8:15
READ: EPHESIANS 2:13-18 (KJV)
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby;
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
The death of Jesus Christ on the cross opened up a new era in Christianity.
The first thing that happened when Jesus died was that the veil of the temple was torn into two. Matthew 27:50-51 tells us:
“Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;”
The torn veil was what separated the holy of holies from the rest of the temple.
The only person allowed into the holy of holies was the High Priest, but the moment Jesus died, He went to stand in the place of the veil, so it had to give way.
Now, everyone has full access to the Father through Jesus. John 14:6 tells us
“Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
If you want to meet with God, you had better make Jesus your friend. We know that Jesus is the Word of God.
This means that to access God, you must always study the word of God. When you read your Bible, you access the mind of God and you can relate with Him on a new level.
That is why I pity Pastors who only read their bibles to prepare messages; they have lost that intimate relationship with God and cannot know His mind.
Before Jesus died, people used to depend on the High Priest to talk to God or to hear from Him, but now, Jesus has bridged the gap.
We can access God, speak with Him and hear from Him by ourselves. It is because Jesus died that I can call God “Daddy”. How is your relationship with God?
Jesus died because He wanted you to have an intimate relationship with Him. God loves you, that is why He sent His son to die for you so He can talk to you one on one.
To what extent are you open to God?
He wants to help you with every inadequacy in your life. All He requires is that you are completely open and dedicated to Him.
Lord, don’t let Your death for me be in vain.
We can help! All you need to do is enter your email ID and follow the instructions!